Monday, April 21, 2008

Granderson Trip Report

My girlfriend and I took time out of our busy schedules to see Curtis Granderson in rare low A ball action on Friday night.

His first at-bat was decent, as he saw a couple of pitches. He hit the ball almost straight into the ground and managed to leg out an infield single. Actually, he managed the only two hits the Whitecaps had up until the 7th inning. The second hit was a laser beam triple hit to right-center field. I don't think that 10,000 people could cheer any louder than they were at that moment. He got a nice standing ovation as he exited from his final at-bat.

In the field, he didn't seem too hampered by his legs. He didn't have to make any strenuous throws, so that'll be something saved for another day I suppose. The most nervous moment of the night, for me, came when he was making a running catch in left-center field. There was a good amount of momentum, and it carried him all the way into the wall. He stopped himself with both hands forward, but didn't seem to have any ill effects. It's A ball, Curtis! Jesus Christ.


We didn't get there early enough to get any decent, up close pictures of him. But we did get some pretty good action photos. Unfortunately the pictures will have to wait for a bit while my girlfriend's scanner gets off the fritz.

1 comment:

SV said...

Haha. My scanner isn't on the fritz. You just never told me you wanted them scanned! I'll work on it tonight...